Locally grown in the Waikato, Black Sheep Creative is a leading design studio that specialises in creating beautiful, bespoke websites.
We are looking for an experienced UI/Digital Designer to join our collaborative team and hit the ground running in Hamilton, Waikato.
You are a switched on, and creative individual that is confident in your design approach and process, able to hit the ground running with little guidance. You’ll have an intuitive grasp on the cadence of a project knowing when to check in, gain feedback, or push on to the next phase.
You can communicate your thought process to the wider team both verbally and through written form and are confident in translating your creative work into a client-facing presentation. Receive and interpret creative direction well and can articulate ideas to stakeholders across the project.
As a UI/Digital Designer, you will:
- Turn wireframes and concepts into detailed designs ready for delivery
- Be an effective and strong communicator that can work collaboratively with stakeholders
- Apply UI best practice to craft accessible, useful, and beautiful experiences that maintain our client expectations
- Have a good strategic head, couple with a natural aesthetic and art direction skills – and instinctively know what works visually, always producing great looking design.
- Lead and support on projects, delivering work on time and to the highest standards from project brief through to production.
The majority design work will be web and UI design, with some opportunities in UX, branding and broader digital and print design.
You will need:
- 3+ years’ experience in similar role
- A degree in Design or a relevant field is desirable, but not necessary with proven ability in the industry
- A portfolio that demonstrates examples of your strong design capabilities, including your design thinking and approach to the project
- A strong understanding of HTML and CSS
- Experience with Interface Design Software, preferable Sketch or Figma
- A passion and curiosity for design – with a keen awareness of the evolving landscape and available tools, technologies, resources, and trends
Sound good to you? Send your portfolio and CV to email@example.com today