We are a Waikato-based creative technical agency and 2020 award winners of Microsoft’s New Zealand Partner of the Year. Our mission is to deliver agile, human-centered technology solutions from the shores of New Zealand to the rest of the world. With a clear focus on this mission, and the acquisition of some of the finest design and development talent in the country, we continue to lead amongst NZ Microsoft partners in delivering innovative and beneficial outcomes to our customers.
We are looking for a Finance Manager who is a hands-on, creative problem solver with a sound knowledge of finance, accounting principles and practices. The ideal candidate will have at least five years’ experience and be familiar with how professional service organisations work, along with demonstrable commercial acumen that will support business growth. The environment is entrepreneurial so to succeed in this role you will have the ability to reprioritise without dropping anything important.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the CEO, we need someone who can bring world class skills to:
- Undertake accountant responsibilities - ensuring assets are protected, compliance is rock solid, transactional processes are well managed and reporting to management is accurate
- Think of the leadership team, managers and wider team when business reporting, discussions and decisions are made
- Conduct business planning and forecasting so the business is constantly aware of how it is tracking and the implications of decisions being considered
- Lead the Assistant Accountant in a way that allows them to continue to shine and demonstrate their mastery
- Oversee our office management
- Partner with the business to drive performance
- Provide governance over key internal information systems
- Take ownership of the internal investment system
- Lead systems and process improvement
You will be the perfect fit if you have:
- Experience in a business advisory role
- The ability to effectively influence peers, and business owners
- A curious mind-set with an aim of improving system effectiveness and efficiency
- Experience in a professional services or consulting practice
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Accounting experience in a SMB environment
- Strong Excel, effective Power BI and effective data presentation skills
If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and contribute to our journey, get in touch by emailing your resume and covering letter to email@example.com. Let’s talk.